Re: Proposed release goal: Switch to dash as /bin/sh to speed up the boot

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:
> [Lucas Nussbaum]
>> Wouldn't it be better to first try to report and solve all the
>> issues we can easily report and solve? That is:
> This is the kind of feedback I was interested in. :)
>
> Perhaps it would be better.

Yes, it would be. Please file bugs for all of this issues and tag them
with goal-dash (as user debian-release@lists.debian.org). That way, we
can easily point to them for BSPs.

>> If we make the switch now, it will make all those issues RC, and I'm
>> not sure we need 100+ more RC bugs.
> I guess it would depend on how important it is to get dash as /bin/sh
> for Lenny.

It's a release goal, that means it is *NOT RELEASE CRITICAL*. Thus, I
will downgrade all reports that are filed about these issues with a
severity >> important.

Thanks,
Marc
--
BOFH #69:
knot in cables caused data stream to become twisted and kinked