Re: Proposed release goal: Switch to dash as /bin/sh to speed up the boot

[Luk Claes]
> Hmm, what do you mean? Do you want to degrade it to not being a
> Release Goal anymore?

I want to know if we should switch, and when.  I assume the most
sensible way to do it is to switch for all new installations, and for
that to happen, someone need to decide that dash is to be installed by
default and activated as /bin/sh.  Is this the expressed wish of the
release team?  Is it OK with the release team for lenny to implement
it for new installs now?

This is the entry in <URL:http://release.debian.org/lenny-goals.txt>:

  * Switch /bin/sh to dash
    Advocate: Petter Reinholdtsen?
    Release-Team-Contact: ??
     Fix bashisms.
    Bug-Tag: dash
    State: confirmed

Should a contact with the release team be assigned to this goal?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen