Re: Please hint libmtp, amarok and gnomad2 into testing

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
* Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> [2007-10-03 14:30]:

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
Due to the upgrade libmtp5 -> libmtp6, the packages libmtp, amarok, and
gnomad2 are stuck in unstable.  Please, hint them into testing.
Hint added.

Nine days have passed and the situation did not improve: libmtp6, amarok and
gnomad2 are still stuck in testing. (Anyway, I cannot see the hint in
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/luk, but I am maybe looking at
the wrong place).

hints/adeodato already had a better hint...

I now realize that a new gnomad2 built against libmtp6 was never uploaded to
unstable by the maintainer.  I do see bin-NMUed packages in the pool (for
i386 and amd64), with the following entry in debian/changelog:

gnomad2 (2.8.12-2+b1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Binary-only non-maintainer upload for i386; no source changes.
  * Rebuild against libmtp6

 -- Debian/i386 Build Daemon <buildd_i386-ninsei>  Fri, 31 Aug 2007 02:55:56 -0700

If there are no changes necessary except for a rebuild binNMUs are used indeed.

I have two questions.  First, to the release team: is it necessary that the
binary packages for gnomad2 be updated for all architectures in order to the
transition take place?  Second question, to the gnomad2 maintainer: Manuel,
will you mind if I NMU gnomad2 built against libmtp6?  I can test it here
with a Creative Zen Microphoto device.

So, no need to NMU.

The problem is that the transition is being coupled with the fftw3 transition which didn't happen on sparc, powerpc or mipsel for libtunepimp (a dependency of amarok).

Cheers

Luk