Re: Please hint libmtp, amarok and gnomad2 into testing

* Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> [2007-10-03 14:30]:

> Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> >Due to the upgrade libmtp5 -> libmtp6, the packages libmtp, amarok, and
> >gnomad2 are stuck in unstable.  Please, hint them into testing.
>
> Hint added.

Nine days have passed and the situation did not improve: libmtp6, amarok and
gnomad2 are still stuck in testing. (Anyway, I cannot see the hint in
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/luk, but I am maybe looking at
the wrong place).

I now realize that a new gnomad2 built against libmtp6 was never uploaded to
unstable by the maintainer.  I do see bin-NMUed packages in the pool (for
i386 and amd64), with the following entry in debian/changelog:

gnomad2 (2.8.12-2+b1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Binary-only non-maintainer upload for i386; no source changes.
  * Rebuild against libmtp6

 -- Debian/i386 Build Daemon <buildd_i386-ninsei>  Fri, 31 Aug 2007 02:55:56 -0700

I have two questions.  First, to the release team: is it necessary that the
binary packages for gnomad2 be updated for all architectures in order to the
transition take place?  Second question, to the gnomad2 maintainer: Manuel,
will you mind if I NMU gnomad2 built against libmtp6?  I can test it here
with a Creative Zen Microphoto device.

--
Rafael