Re: binNMU for libauthen-sasl-cyrus-perl

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 02:41 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Well, the "another version" is just a dummy package at this point anyway...
> But yeah, not carrying an unnecessary dummy package into the next stable
> release is a good enough reason, so binNMUs scheduled for 12 packages in
> all.

Just FYI: the next version of cyrus-sasl2 will drop the dummy packages,
and as part of that we're going to monitor for packages that become
uninstallable because of this.

> cyrus-sasl2-mit would still need to be updated, though, and has a
> hard-coded dep.

AFAICS, it's scheduled to be removed from the archive, as cyrus-sasl2
now provides the same functionality (#419418).

Apparently there was no transition package that would have pulled in
libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit (the package that now provides this
functionality). Should we provide the transition for lenny in
cyrus-sasl2?

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>