Re: Please consider multisync0.90_0.91.0-3 for etch

* Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org) [070406 12:53]:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 08:32:24PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> > Michael Banck wrote:
>
> > > Even worse, the GTK GUI in multisync0.90 is not really adequate for
> > > release - e.g., it cannot really configure plugins in the GUI (right
> > > now, I can't get it to configure them at all - earlier, it would spawn
> > > an EDITOR session on the terminal you called it from with the XML for
> > > the user to edit).
>
> > Sorry, we are only considering packages with RC bug fixes anymore. So it will
> > probably be a status quo: not unblocking nor removing multisync/Opensync.
>
> As an alternative solution, would it be acceptable to upload a
> multisync0.90 which drops the GUI package (multisync0.90) and just ships
> multisync-tools?  Multisync-tools is the CLI interface which works OK
> for people who expect using the command-line.  I'd be nervous about
> shipping etch with a mostly broken GUI.
>
> Maybe via testing-proposed-updates?  I could do that
> this afternoon.

Sorry, we cannot do that anymore. The builds won't be available in time
for the CD/DVD generation. You can however upload such a package past
release to proposed-updates, so that we can include it at the first
point release, and we can commit something about that to the errata once
the release notes cvs is open again (if it is important enough).

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/