Re: Please consider multisync0.90_0.91.0-3 for etch

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 08:32:24PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Michael Banck wrote:

> > Even worse, the GTK GUI in multisync0.90 is not really adequate for
> > release - e.g., it cannot really configure plugins in the GUI (right
> > now, I can't get it to configure them at all - earlier, it would spawn
> > an EDITOR session on the terminal you called it from with the XML for
> > the user to edit).

> Sorry, we are only considering packages with RC bug fixes anymore. So it will
> probably be a status quo: not unblocking nor removing multisync/Opensync.

As an alternative solution, would it be acceptable to upload a
multisync0.90 which drops the GUI package (multisync0.90) and just ships
multisync-tools?  Multisync-tools is the CLI interface which works OK
for people who expect using the command-line.  I'd be nervous about
shipping etch with a mostly broken GUI.

Maybe via testing-proposed-updates?  I could do that
this afternoon.

Michael