Re: renaming sylpheed-claws-gtk2-* to claws-mail-*

  Hi again,

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:06:21 +0100
Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org> wrote:

>   Hi and sorry for the late reply,
>
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:04:15 -0800
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 04:42:59PM +0100, Ricardo Mones wrote:
> >
> > >   If ensuring a smooth transition includes that apt-get
> > > upgrade/dist-upgrade does the package switching then as I understand it
> > > only a Provides: with the old package name would be required in each
> > > new package. That's currently not implemented in current packages. I
> > > may be wrong here, though.
> >
> > A Provides would probably be wrong under the circumstances.
>
>   Then making sylpheed-claws-gtk2-* dummy packages pull the claws-mail ones
> in?

> > >   Generated from the libsylpheed-claws-gtk2-dev/libclaws-mail-dev
> > > version in the build-depends. Only this one needs to be manually
> > > updated, plugins' dependency is obtained from this one.
> >
> > Really?  That doesn't seem to be the case in the current version of the
> > packages; debian/control shows hard-coded dependencies on particular
> > package names.
>
>   I'm sorry but reading this again I feel I don't understand which
> dependencies are you referring to. Could you provide an example?
>
> > >   Anyway I'd like this dialog to continue after releasing to ensure
> > > this a succesful transition, with you or any other RM if you don't
> > > have time.
> >
> > Please let us know when we can be of help to you in this.
>
>   Pointing out the missing bits in current packages relevant for the
> transition would be of great help (they have been updated with a new
> upstream release). Patches would be even nicer :-)

  I've updated packages [0] to newest stable version 2.7.2 (i.e.: no new
features from 2.7.0, just backported bugfixes from cvs). Etch is 2.6.0.

  Source package for Claws Mail and Claws Mail extra plugins provides now
also transition packages for all sylpheed-claws-gtk2* packages, so migration
through upgrade/dist-upgrade should be possible.

  I'm not sure if you maybe interested in knowing this, though, and even
less sure this requalifies for inclusion into Etch, anyway... :)

  regards,

P.S.: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to debian-release.

[0] http://people.debian.org/~mones/claws-mail
--
 Ricardo Mones
 http://people.debian.org/~mones