Re: renaming sylpheed-claws-gtk2-* to claws-mail-*

  [As I was not included in the Cc this was cut'n'pasted from the web
   archives, so the references are lost]

  Hi Steve,

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 10:58:02AM +0100, Ricardo Mones wrote:
> >   So the question is to do that renaming now or to do it after Etch.
>
> >   I'd be happy to do the switch now and forget s-c-gtk2 packages, but
> > given current Etch status I understand it may not be possible. Please
> > let me know and/or the changes required to make this possible.
>
> Given the large number of binary packages involved and the potential
> interplay between them, I would prefer postponing this until lenny.

  Which interplay are you referring to? The plugins are shared libraries
loaded by the main program (claws-mail) to extend it's functionality,
nothing more. There's a unique interdependency between plugins (pgpinline
and pgmmime require pgpcore) but it's already present and solved in current
packages.

  To sumarize it a bit, the only changes are:

  * the new package names (the real names of the .so files remain the same
    no changes here)

  * the addition of a new tools package with the helper scripts
    under /usr/share/doc/claws-mail (the sylpheed-claws-scripts s-c-gtk2 was
    depending before is not longer valid because of the name change).

  * the addition of a new plugin available upstream, attach-warner, but this
    can even be removed if you prefer.

  regards,

P.S.: Please Cc me, I'm not subscribed to debian-release.
--
 Ricardo Mones
 http://people.debian.org/~mones