Re: aiccu is now under 3-clause BSD license

Hoi,

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:13:13AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
| The license has been discussed on #debian-release, and it's my understanding
| that the old license was also DFSG-compliant in intent (with the help of
| some clarifications from upstream that had already happened).
Even though it was thought to be free in intent by some people, not
everybody agreed on this. I believe our current license takes away any
possible doubt.

| So I'd say releasing it in main is still an option, *if* someone were
| interested in a targetted fix and thought that would be a supportable
| configuration.
To recap, the most important goal for us is to get the old version
out of Debian. If that could be done for the Etch release, that'd be
good. If there is anything I or SixXS can do to help this, let me know.

Thanks for the work so far - I feel we're making substantial process :)
--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim@ipng.nl