Re: aiccu is now under 3-clause BSD license

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 11:01:35AM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
>
>> OK. As per [1] in the 388759 buglog and the upstream
>> website [2] the 2007.01.07 release of aiccu is now
>> under the 3-clause BSD license.

>> CC'd to debian-release to see if the Etch-response is
>> drop, unblock, or wait-and-see.

> Drop, unless someone has a plan for fixing the protocol incompatibility
> problems *without* pulling in unrelated changes from a new upstream release.

I don't have any such plans, and I doubt the maintainer does either at
this late stage. And without pulling in the new upstream release, I don't
believe we get the new license, so it stays in non-free and we don't have
the packages built on most arches.

It's been like this for nine months, so let's just get it off the RC count,
and when the maintainer has time, the new version can go into unstable of
his own accord.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson