Re: aiccu is now under 3-clause BSD license

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 11:01:35AM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:

> OK. As per [1] in the 388759 buglog and the upstream
> website [2] the 2007.01.07 release of aiccu is now
> under the 3-clause BSD license.

> As such, all of these bugs share the same root cause,
> an outdated vesrion of aiccu in non-free, and have
> the same solution, an upload of the new version of
> aiccu to main.

> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=388759;msg=35
> [2] http://www.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/LICENSE

> A big thankyou to Pim van Pelt and sixXS for getting on
> to this so quickly.

> CC'd to debian-release to see if the Etch-response is
> drop, unblock, or wait-and-see.

Drop, unless someone has a plan for fixing the protocol incompatibility
problems *without* pulling in unrelated changes from a new upstream release.

(BTW, your forcemerge failed due to wrong bug numbers, which is just as well
because the bug reports filed on aiccu are *not* all the same bug and should
not be merged.)