Re: mercurial (and tailor) packages

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt a écrit :
> Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.org> writes:
>> I know you discourage new upstream versions, however I would like
>> you to make an exception here. Mercurial is a new source control
>> version system (it does not exist in stable), so it changes quickly.
>
> Have you reviewed every single line of the diff of 26000 lines to be
> absolutly sure that no regressions were introduced?

Of course, not. But I'm sure there are lots of bugs that are corrected
here (that I will be unable to individually correct in the 0.9.1
version)

> That is what this
> freeze is about: Leave code as untouched as possible and only fix
> remaining problems.
>
>>   In short, I would prefer you accept mercurial 0.9.3-2 and
>> tailor 0.9.27-1 in testing. If you do not, I will prepare
>> a fix for #382252 for mercurial 0.9.1 and submit it to you.
>
> I would prefer this.

Ok, I will do it. But you are aware that mercurial will be outdated
as soon as etch will be released. Even sarge backport will be better...
I hope Lenny will be released soon...

  Vincent