Re: Proposed release goal : icon caches

Andreas Barth wrote:
> Actually, I think it should be first part of Policy before approving it
> as release goal.

Debian systems, as it stands, are at a high risk of being broken when
many third-party debs are installed on them. Especialy if those debs were
built on an Ubuntu system.

You don't think that we should try to fix this before the fix has gotten
into policy? Bear in mind that the policy process
a) takes a long time to a very long time
b) is currently in a weird mix of a state of stagnentation and incipient
   flux, based on talks at DebConf
c) tends to want a thing widely implemented before it goes into policy

I thought that the release goals were useful as a way to work toward
changes that would later get into policy, by letting something get
implemented first -- so it's suprising to hear you think they need to be
in policy first.

--
see shy jo