Re: Proposed release goal : icon caches

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> Le vendredi 13 juillet 2007 à 11:29 +0000, Sune Vuorela a écrit :
>> >      6. Update dh_icons to change its behaviour for packages shipping
>> >         index.theme files: such packages will always generate the icon
>> >         cache and have a dependency on libgtk2.0-bin.
>> You want all programs shipping a icon to depend on libgtk2.0-bin ?
> Only those shipping index.theme files (the icon theme packages like
> gnome-icon-theme or gnome-themes-extras).

You might want to remember that the index.theme (and the whole broken
icon cache thingy) is a fd.o standard. This means that not only gtk is
involved, but a few other smallish packages (like, uh, KDE). And I do
understand that the KDE people are not really fond of adding a strict
dep on libgtk2.0-bin to the KDE desktop.

Marc
--
BOFH #176:
vapors from evaporating sticky-note adhesives