Re: Proposed release goal : icon caches

On 2007-07-13, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> I have no objections, but somewhere in that plan should be "open a Policy
> bug with the specification of what maintainers should do to update icon
> caches" so that we can work through the process of getting this
> specification into Policy.  It's eligible for Policy even if it isn't a
> release goal, and if it's going to be a release goal, I think it
> definitely should be in Policy.
>
> Adding another subsection to Policy 11.8 for packages providing icons
> feels like the right placement in the current Policy text.

Adding a policy to have all desktop environments and window managers depend
on gtk is not good.

I really hope that this doesn't become policy. And this doesn't become a
accepted release goal. It is broken.

ps.: cursor themes for X also ships index.theme files in
/usr/share/icons ... - and here I also fail to see why we need a gtk
dependency.

/Sune