Re: dh-make-php into etch

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 08:18:55AM +0200, Uwe Steinmann wrote:

> > On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 04:33:11PM +0200, Uwe Steinmann wrote:
> > > there has been some recent bugs in php4-ps (#416416 and #416454)
> > > which had its origin in dh-make-php which was used to create the
> > > debian source package. It would be great if the latest version
> > > of dh-make-php in sid could make into etch. If that isn't possible
> > > I might be better to take dh-make-php out of etch. Debian source
> > > packages created by dh-make-php (currently in testing) create a
> > > broken php5 extension and the dependecies aren't set propperly.

> > There are 5 packages in testing that build-depend on dh-make-php.  Do you
> > know why that would be?  If dh-make-php is intended to be analogous to
> > dh-make, that looks like a bug in those packages.  But it seems to me that
> > it's better to leave dh-make-php as-is in testing than to further disrupt
> > those other packages, which are in any case arch: all packages that aren't
> > affected by these bugs.
> Those packages should be php pear packages which use a cdbs class
> (/usr/share/cdbs/1/class/pear.mk). Should be uncritical because the
> latest bug fix only affects pecl packages.

Hmm, but in that case the only argument for updating the package is for
people creating new packages, and in that case they should be using the
version in unstable regardless, and having this fixed in stable is no big
deal right? :)

In that case I'd rather punt on this; it should be low impact, but the
benefit just doesn't seem to be great enough to risk.