Re: dh-make-php into etch

Hi Uwe,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 04:33:11PM +0200, Uwe Steinmann wrote:
> there has been some recent bugs in php4-ps (#416416 and #416454)
> which had its origin in dh-make-php which was used to create the
> debian source package. It would be great if the latest version
> of dh-make-php in sid could make into etch. If that isn't possible
> I might be better to take dh-make-php out of etch. Debian source
> packages created by dh-make-php (currently in testing) create a
> broken php5 extension and the dependecies aren't set propperly.

There are 5 packages in testing that build-depend on dh-make-php.  Do you
know why that would be?  If dh-make-php is intended to be analogous to
dh-make, that looks like a bug in those packages.  But it seems to me that
it's better to leave dh-make-php as-is in testing than to further disrupt
those other packages, which are in any case arch: all packages that aren't
affected by these bugs.