Re: Removing mediawiki dependencies on pgsql for etch

Romain Beauxis wrote:
> 	Hi release managers !
>
> Following with bug #414885 and so issue duck had while upgrading from
> mediawiki 1.7 with pgsql, we have come to the conclusion that mediawiki1.7
> should not be shipped in eth with its current pgsql dependencies since its
> support seems not to be complete enough...
>
> Given that I have uploaded some newer releases in experimental for changes
> that I don't want to propose for etch, my plan is to raise the severity of
> bug 414885 to serious, rename it to "pgsql support should be droped for
> etch", add the two awaiting po translations and remove pgsql dependecies to
> current sid package and upload a mediawiki1.7 1.7.1-9etch0 to unstable and
> then ask for its inclusion into testing.
>
> Is that the right way to handle this situation ?
> Thanks for your help.

I'm afraid the time for translation updates is over. So please only remove the
dependencies in your upload.

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D