Re: Please hint clamav into etch

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 11:37:46PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> I know this is a last minute thing, and I am sorry for that.  I am
> asking for a hint for clamav into etch, and this involves a small
> library transition.

Yes, we've discussed this transition before, so this is perhaps less
'last-minute' than it sounds.

> The affected packages for the transition are:

> clamassassin

not in testing, so not unblocked.

> phpclamav-lib

Real package name is php-clamavlib.  Unblocked.

> mimedefang

Previously unblocked at request of the maintainer.

> clamcour
> dansguardian
> klamav
> python-clamav
> sylpheed-claws
> sylpheed-claws-gtk2

These I've unblocked,

> avscan

This one is a new upstream version with substantial changes.  What should we
do with this?  I'm not ok with bringing in the new upstream version for this
transition,  So the options seem to be:

- push the transition in at the expense of avscan, and let avscan be fixed
  with an upload to testing-proposed-updates for the API change /only/,
- don't transition for etch.

Anyway, this is the only blocking issue for this transition, everything else
is ready and approved.

Thanks,