Re: Upload of fuse to t-p-u, binNMUs required

Frank Küster <frank <at> kuesterei.ch> writes:

> Hi,
>
> with the maintainers' consent, I have just tried to upload
> fuse_2.5.3_4.2 to testing-proposed-updates, fixing bug #409644 for etch.
>
> It didn't work, claiming there was already such a version in the "Done"
> directory.  Apparently someone else has already done it.

Sorry, I've learned on IRC that there already was a 2.5.3-4.2 NMU to unstable,
which never made it into testing. I have now uploaded 2.5.3-4.3 to t-p-u with
the following changelog:

Closes: 404904 409644
Changes:
 fuse (2.5.3-4.3) testing-proposed-updates; urgency=low
 .
   * Non-maintainer upload to fix RC bug
   * Upload to t-p-u, since unstable has already a new upstream version
   * Call dh_makeshlibs with '-V "libfuse (>= 2.5)"' to make sure
     dependencies are correct (closes: #409644)
   * Incorporate the patch for the 2.5.3-4.2 NMU, including changelog
     entry, which never made it to testing
 .
 fuse (2.5.3-4.2) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * Non-maintainer upload (with maintainer's approval).
   * Ensure the correct alignment of the ccmsg array in receive_fd()
     from lib/mount.c by declaring it as size_t instead of char and
     adjusting the size accordingly. This resolves the issue of
     sshfs crashing with SIGBUS on sparc. Thanks to Sebastian Fontius
     for debugging and testing, and to Miklos Szeredi for the patch.
     (closes: #404904)

Please unblock, and trigger the binNMUs.  fjp said on IRC that the udeb thing is
not a problem.