Re: Upload of fuse to t-p-u, binNMUs required

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:51:40PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Please accept it, and (assuming the bug has been addressed by the NMU)
> trigger binNMUs for the build-depending packages.  This has been
> discussed on #debian-release on monday, see the log extract at the
> bottom of this mail.

Approved, pending autobuilds.

> I have checked whether the build-depending packages are binNMU-safe.
> The following source packages build only one binary package, or do not
> have any interdependencies among multiple binary packages:

BinNMUs scheduled (and dep-wait'ed) for all packages, with the exception of
linux-ntfs for the reasons mentioned below.

> 2. linux-ntfs

>    builds lots of binary packages, but there is only one with
>    interdependencies:

> Package: libntfs9
> Section: libs
> Architecture: any
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
> Package: libntfs-dev
> Section: libdevel
> Architecture: any
> Depends: libntfs9 (= ${Source-Version})

>    a problem, however, might be that it also builds a udeb:

> Package: ntfsprogs-udeb
> Section: debian-installer
> Architecture: any
> XC-Package-Type: udeb
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
> Provides: ntfstools-udeb
>  Currently this udeb contains only ntfsresize.

>   (and since ntfsprogs itself depends on fuse-utils, I guess this one
>   also contains the functionality which causes a dependence on libfuse2).

The udeb isn't an /immediate/ problem, that I can see.  We could even get
away with having just the one package left in etch with wrong deps, if it
came to that.  If you want this fixed, though, please coordinate with the
maintainer to get uploads to both unstable and testing-proposed-updates
fixing the ${Source-Version} dependency.  Integration into etch will still
be subject to Frans's approval.