Re: Please unblock php4-idn 1.2b-2.1

Quoting Turbo Fredriksson (turbo@bayour.com):

>     Marc> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
>     >> I have just uploaded a NMU of php4-idn, to fix its pending l10n
>     >> issues (and, if needed, very minor QA issues).
>
> What where the bugs you NMU'd, and why wasn't I asked first!?!?

#411243

There was a great "danger" given the status of that bug report, that
fixing it would require a big round of translation updates as the
switch to po-debconf of the package was incomplete and there was no
translation in the proposed initial fix.

A notice had been sent to the bug report last Sunday, with a full
patch to fix that bug. As I was without answer and as low threshold
NMU are an accepted policy for l10n corrections, I followed my usual
process 3 days later.

Re-reading my notice sent on Sunday, I realize that it could sound
less obvious that an NMU was likely to happen. IF you saw this mail
and didn't realize that an NMU would happen without reaction, please
accept my apologies for the incorrect wording of the notice.

I think that the NMU will help the packaging of php4-idn in the long
term anyway. There are very minor wording improvement to the templates
that could be done after Etch (they require a full round of
translation updates so a big burden on translators....which is pretty
much not desirable right now). I'll be happy to help there if you ask.