Re: Advice for bug fix

Thomas Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the fix for #410070 in octave2.9-2.9.9-8, an FTBFS error in
> octave2.9-forge was found (#410463). This turned out to be an error in
> the way the unit tests for octave2.9-forge are created at build time.
>
> Unfortunately, in fixing this bug in octave2.9-forge, we hit another bug
> in Octave2.9 (which was already fixed upstream some time ago), namely
> #411863: one of the unit tests lets Octave use all available memory
> until the OOM killer kicks in. So, we currentyl can't build
> octave2.9-forge with activated unit tests.
>
> Now, I need your advice:
> We can upload fixed packages for both octave2.9 and octave2.9-forge into
> unstable and later on they are unblocked (the changes are only a few
> lines diff for each bug fix).

Please upload both of them.

> Or we upload only a new package for octave2.9-forge, where the unit
> tests are disabled.

Disabling tests is not recommended to solve a bug unless you have very good
reasons.

> Octave2.9-2.9.9-8 should enter testing, but I guess Luk mistyped the
> numbers:

probably reviewed -7 because -8 was only just uploaded at the time, unblocked
-8 now...

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D