Re: Please unblock mysql-dfsg-5.0 5.0.32-6 <- ABI problems!

On 2007-02-19 Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 03:28:37PM +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
> > It seems that I have to prepare a t-p-u version with only the
> > important bits from the changelogs of from my initial mail anyway
> > so if it's OK for the RMs I will add the template change alongside
> > with all translations to that, too.
>
> No, the reason for insisting on a t-p-u upload was that the *template*
> change was inappropriate because it was a regression for users of several

I meant the "all" before translations literally :) At the current speed
they will be completed in 1-2 days. So I wait a bit before doing my upload
to t-p-u and else do it without template change, of course.

Regarding the ABI break, after going mad about not being able to reproduce
it, I figured that it only happens because I had libmysqlclient.so.15 from
the experimental mysql-5.1 installed. So it's probably really the same bug
we had in unstable last year but this time it only concerns me and mysql and
no binNMUs are needed!

bye,

-christian-