Re: Please unblock mysql-dfsg-5.0 5.0.32-6 <- ABI problems!

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 03:28:37PM +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:

> On 2007-02-18 Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > The version in testing has an RC bug, #409750.  But an uncoordinated
> > > template change is enough of a reason for me to reject this update and
> > > require a targetted fix via t-p-u.  I know Christian will have this
> > > covered no matter what, but the l10n update policy is intended for the
> > > benefit of users of all languages, not just French. :)

> > Another possibility is also handling a call for translation updates
> > lasting for 3 days (the templates changes are very minor and can
> > easily be updated very quickly by translators) and then upload a new
> > version of the package in unstable.

> It seems that I have to prepare a t-p-u version with only the
> important bits from the changelogs of from my initial mail anyway
> so if it's OK for the RMs I will add the template change alongside
> with all translations to that, too.

No, the reason for insisting on a t-p-u upload was that the *template*
change was inappropriate because it was a regression for users of several
languages (Dutch, Danish, Italian, Galician, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese,
Japanese, Basque, Czech, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and German).  That's
the one change from the unstable version that I'm *not* willing to accept,
so it definitely shouldn't be uploaded to t-p-u!

If you do get a complete set of translations, then the package can be
unblocked from unstable once those are all uploaded.  Otherwise, the RC bug
still needs to be fixed via t-p-u without the template changes.

Thanks,