Re: svn-buildpackage - broken in etch

#include <hallo.h>
* Steve Langasek [Wed, Jan 24 2007, 11:10:04PM]:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 08:08:54PM -0700, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 January 2007 17:56, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Personally, I'm not sure this is warranted; svn-upgrade is an optional
> > > feature of svn-buildpackage, which I don't think is used by terribly many
> > > maintainers.  And indeed, the changes related to svn_load_dirs alone are
> > > fairly intrusive and arguably not suitable for a t-p-u upload.
>
> > Eh?! svn-upgrade is *essential* to the typical use of svn-buildpackage; it
> > would be a horrible inconvenience to not be able to use it. I use it for
> > all of my packages.
>
> Ok, I stand corrected.
>
> Eduard, do you have any objections to the unstable version of
> svn-buildpackage propagating to etch?

Huch? I asked for that myself on this list two weeks ago and faced the
quick rejection because of "toooo many changes" (yeah, aka BUGFIXES
making the majority of them). If you consider adding the unstable
version, please add it.

There are minor issues with the last changes discovered in the meantime
but I think that using the unstable version makes more sense than
keeping the broken one in Woody. Or filtering out the relevant changes
just to work around the one RC bug and closing eyes for the others.

Eduard.

--
<TCW> Schick... es funktioniert!
<TCW> Und wiedermal ein Bug über den natürlich ich stolpern mußte!