Re: Bug#400952: rc order of portmap,nis,autofs
- To: An?bal Monsalve Salazar <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Jan Christoph Nordholz <email@example.com>, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pe?a <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mark Brown <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#400952: rc order of portmap,nis,autofs
- From: Luk Claes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:28:01 +0100
- Message-id: <20070124172801.GA6265@luk.local>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20070105022846.GK10497@debianrules.debiancolombia.org>
- References: <20070105012735.GA19691@pool.math.tu-berlin.de> <20070105022846.GK10497@debianrules.debiancolombia.org>
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 01:28:46PM +1100, An?bal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 02:27:35AM +0100, Jan Christoph Nordholz wrote:
> >block 341140 by 400952
> >Hi Anibal and Javier,
> >I (as the new maintainer of autofs) would like to have the issue
> >settled before Etch is released... what consequences do you fear
> >could arise from moving the script?
> That's something we don't know.
So, that's something we don't want to do, certainly not at this stage of
the release cycle.
> >The present situation forces all users of nis&autofs to manually
> >shuffle their init scripts around, and this is a very common
> >setup... Moving autofs to start later (i.e. at 20) is probably
> >unwise (as explained earlier), although this seems to be what most
> >users currently do as a workaround.
> >Maybe we should talk with the release team to get this in?
> If the release team approves that change we'll change portmap to
> start at S17 as already suggested by Javier, see #400952 .
What's wrong with Steinar's suggestion to change the name of the autofs
script to be something between 19nis and 20apache?
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint: D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7 F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D