Re: Re: Can I upload sqlalchemy 0.3.3-2 to unstable? (will you unblock it?)

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 09:22:04PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > > Please note that there is new documentation.html file in 0.3.2 (1
> > > 225 964 bytes!)

> > Yes, but that's not the only change. A big diff is, for a freeze
> > exception, everything with more than 100 lines of code that were
> > changed.

> Agreed. In this case, though, looking at the good history of sqlalchemy
> in Debian[0], and given that a newer release is already coming out which
> contains no significant bug fixes, I'd vote for allowing 0.3.3 in. Of
> course I will understand the NMs deciding otherwise, and be happy with
> it.

This simply isn't something that's a priority for the release team, nor
should it be.  The benefits of such a new upstream version, vs. the risks of
introducing it and/or the cost of reviewing it, just don't make this kind of
update a good thing to be considering when we still have release-critical
work that needs attention (a /lot/ of attention).