Re: renaming sylpheed-claws-gtk2-* to claws-mail-*

  Hi and sorry for the late reply,

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:04:15 -0800
Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 04:42:59PM +0100, Ricardo Mones wrote:
>
> >   If ensuring a smooth transition includes that apt-get
> > upgrade/dist-upgrade does the package switching then as I understand it
> > only a Provides: with the old package name would be required in each new
> > package. That's currently not implemented in current packages. I may be
> > wrong here, though.
>
> A Provides would probably be wrong under the circumstances.

  Then making sylpheed-claws-gtk2-* dummy packages pull the claws-mail ones
in?

> > > Are the dependencies on sylpheed-claws-gtk2 auto-generated from the
> > > build-dependency somehow, or will they need to each be updated
> > > manually for the transition?
>
> >   Generated from the libsylpheed-claws-gtk2-dev/libclaws-mail-dev
> > version in the build-depends. Only this one needs to be manually
> > updated, plugins' dependency is obtained from this one.
>
> Really?  That doesn't seem to be the case in the current version of the
> packages; debian/control shows hard-coded dependencies on particular
> package names.

  I'm sorry but reading this again I feel I don't understand which
dependencies are you referring to. Could you provide an example?

> >   Anyway I'd like this dialog to continue after releasing to ensure this
> > a succesful transition, with you or any other RM if you don't have time.
>
> Please let us know when we can be of help to you in this.

  Pointing out the missing bits in current packages relevant for the
transition would be of great help (they have been updated with a new
upstream release). Patches would be even nicer :-)

  Thanks in advance,
--
 Ricardo Mones
 http://people.debian.org/~mones