Re: renaming sylpheed-claws-gtk2-* to claws-mail-*

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 04:42:59PM +0100, Ricardo Mones wrote:

>   If ensuring a smooth transition includes that apt-get upgrade/dist-upgrade
> does the package switching then as I understand it only a Provides: with the
> old package name would be required in each new package. That's currently not
> implemented in current packages. I may be wrong here, though.

A Provides would probably be wrong under the circumstances.

> > Are the dependencies on sylpheed-claws-gtk2 auto-generated from the
> > build-dependency somehow, or will they need to each be updated manually for
> > the transition?

>   Generated from the libsylpheed-claws-gtk2-dev/libclaws-mail-dev version in
> the build-depends. Only this one needs to be manually updated, plugins'
> dependency is obtained from this one.

Really?  That doesn't seem to be the case in the current version of the
packages; debian/control shows hard-coded dependencies on particular package
names.

>   Anyway I'd like this dialog to continue after releasing to ensure this a
> succesful transition, with you or any other RM if you don't have time.

Please let us know when we can be of help to you in this.