Re: gtk-gnutella in Etch

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:04:45PM +0100, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
> I saw that gtk-gnutella is not accepted in Etch because of it not
> compiling on ARM and because the current .deb is too old.

No, the second of these bugs isn't that the current .deb is too old, it's
that gtk-gnutella is not suitable for inclusion in a stable Debian release
because the versions of gtk-gnutella "expire" a year after their release.
Such software cannot be reasonably included in Debian releases that have a
3-year support cycle.

> First of all: I'm not sure this list even exists and if it is for the
> purpose I am looking for, but here goes:

And no, it isn't.  If you think the package is unmaintained, you need to
talk to the QA team; if you think the package is maintained but the
maintainer is unfit, you would need to talk to the technical committee; if
you have some agreement worked out with the maintainer and just need someone
to help you with uploading, you need to talk to debian-mentors.