Re: why are new upstream versions of glib being uploaded?

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 01:46, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> To my understanding this was until etch wasn't fully frozen. But maybe
> I misunderstood something. Dear Release Team please enlighten me.

Your understanding is incorrect. Especially now that Etch is frozen it has
to be easy for selected packages that need updates for RC issues to be
uploaded to unstable and migrate to testing with as little problems as
possible.

This means that DDs should be very very conservative uploading packages
that other packages depend on (especially core libraries) as that means
the new uploads will be built and tested against the new upstream
versions in unstable instead of the version the will actually be used
with in Etch. If there are ABI changes in the libs, it may even mean that
packages will be blocked from migrating to testing.

This has already been explained several times and it's a pity you seem to
have missed this.

Cheers,
FJP