Re: please hint lilypond 2.8.7 into testing

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> I would like to officially ask for an exception to the usual testing
> rules for lilypond, to allow 2.8.7 into testing, on those architectures
> where guile-1.8 works.  The architectures currently losing for guile-1.8
> are alpha, amd64, and ia64.
>
> I believe that alpha and ia64 are release candidates, as well, which
> means that the relevant guile-1.8 bugs *are* release critical, though
> they were marked "important".  This is an inconsistency.
>
> If no exceptions are made for guile-1.8 and lilypond, then we will be
> stuck with lilypond 2.6 in etch and no guile-1.8 at all.

Hi Thomas,

I'm not a release manager and I don't know anything about Lilypond, so
maybe this is a naive question, but ... could you build it against
guile-1.6 instead of guile-1.8?  Guile-1.6 is apparently available on
all arches in both testing and unstable.  It looks like the last
Lilypond built against guile-1.6 (version 2.6.5-3) compiled OK on the
three problematic arches.

Hope this helped,