Re: Very Large Package Set Upgrade, stage 1

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 12:32:15PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:

> Here the list of packages removed by aptitude that still exist in Etch:

> amarok amarok-engines amarok-xine ardour-gtk bitscope bugsx jackd
> libcurl3-dev netkit-inetd

> and the following aspell packages:

> aspell-br aspell-cy aspell-da aspell-de aspell-el aspell-en aspell-es
> aspell-fi aspell-fo aspell-fr aspell-ga aspell-gl-minimos aspell-is
> aspell-it aspell-lt aspell-nl aspell-no aspell-pl aspell-pt aspell-pt-br
> aspell-sk aspell-sl aspell-sv aspell-tl aspell-ukr

> Please note that the sarge system was setup with the first thousand
> packages by alphabetic order (and their dependencies), so packages
> starting with 'a' are over-represented.

Wow, that's much better than it sounded from your earlier messages.  I was
worried when you mentioned the x11-common conflict issue (a horrible upgrade
path that I take full blame for), since I don't know what we could do to fix

I see an RC bug has already been filed on amarok for its circular deps, and
I know that an NMU is already being prepared to break this circular dep,
great!  Do we have an explanation yet for the other removals?  The aspell
ones in particular seem like a big deal.

Is there any chance the bugsx removal is caused by this package moving from
main to non-free?