Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:06:45 +0100
From: Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr>
To: debian-release@debian.org
Subject: May I upload quilt?

Hello,

I have a version of quilt in mind. The main goal would be to solve a FTBFS
on misconfigured hosts. It mainly appears in chroots, but it could also
appear on desktops. The fact is that currently, one of the regresion tests
launched after the build relly on the fact that /etc/mailname or the
hostname are FQDN. I got bugged 3 times recently about this. #397285,
#395482, #393985.

I tryied to upload a patch of mine a while ago, but it wasn't good enough to
solve the problem. Goswin Brederlow provided a new, working one, in #397285.
I know we're rather close to the release by now, but the changes are limited
to the testsuite run after the build. The rest of the package is completely
unchanged. The package itself is binary: all (thanks, vorlon) so there is no
risk of strange side effect in rebuild, I think.

If I'll allowed to do the upload, I'll take the opportunity to fix some
trivia I didn't had the time to fix by now:
#386548: quilt: Man page typo: invoqued -> invoked
#395447: quilt: spelling errors
#396093: quilt: Please add procmail to suggest list

Thanks for your time,
Mt.

--
I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Testis unus, testis nullius.