Re: libgpod update

An update to this:

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 04:07:56AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> I would like to update libgpod in unstable. This would include both
> a soname change and a -dev package name change.

After testing all the reverse dependencies we can probably drop the
-dev name change since all seem to be either unaffected by the
API changes or deal with it gracefully.

> Luckily the list of packages affected is pretty small (but the packages
> on it are somewhat big ;)
>
> amarok
> rhythmbox
> gtkpod
> listen (?) -- honestly don't know wether this needs updating since
>               it uses the library through the python bindings

Anyway, I've decided to wait for a fixed upstream version since I
will not through the hassle to create a version with a debian
specific soname. If someone deems this worthwile, I would reconsider
if I get a complete and tested patch for that.

Waiting for the new upstream version means it will not be interesting
for etch (AFAICT from the release updates and upstream's release
frequency).

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>