Re: libgpod update
An update to this:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 04:07:56AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> I would like to update libgpod in unstable. This would include both
> a soname change and a -dev package name change.
After testing all the reverse dependencies we can probably drop the
-dev name change since all seem to be either unaffected by the
API changes or deal with it gracefully.
> Luckily the list of packages affected is pretty small (but the packages
> on it are somewhat big ;)
> listen (?) -- honestly don't know wether this needs updating since
> it uses the library through the python bindings
Anyway, I've decided to wait for a fixed upstream version since I
will not through the hassle to create a version with a debian
specific soname. If someone deems this worthwile, I would reconsider
if I get a complete and tested patch for that.
Waiting for the new upstream version means it will not be interesting
for etch (AFAICT from the release updates and upstream's release
Frank Lichtenheld <email@example.com>