Re: user-mode-linux too [was: Re: apache2 DSA considerations for etch]

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 08:09:37PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Mattia Dongili wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 08:06:38AM +0100, Joey Schulze wrote:
> > [...]
> > > *sigh*  That would've been the best solution.
> > >
> > > I'd say this is ok, however, please watch security updates as the security
> > > team will probably forget to update apache2-mpm-itk when apache2 has been
> > > updated. (->Murphy)
> >
> > Ehrm... while we are at it I suppose user-mode-linux deserves a similar
> > treatment as it builds from linux-source-* packages.
>
> Can't they use the regular kernel packages?  Or let's phrase it differently,
> why can't the regular kernel package create another flavour for uml?

("they" is mostly "me" ;))
I failed to try to integrate one more flavour in the debian-kernel build
scripts.
AFAICT at the time the scripts needed some modifications, I never had an
answer to my questions and then decided to focus on putting the package
into shape. I will retry post-etch (maybe also the kernel team will be
more interested then).

Here http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2006/01/msg00653.html and my
self reply mainly. It probably became easier since Xen introduction but
I didn't have time to follow-up.
--
mattia
:wq!