Re: please unblock mdadm 2.5.5-1 (udeb)
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 11:37:12AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2006.11.09.0524 +0100]:
> > I'd prefer to delay this until after the release of RC1 (which is
> > being delayed somewhat because we still need BYHAND processing for
> > three architectures). This means that mdadm should hopefully be
> > able to migrate sometime next week.
> I respect your preference, Frans, but doesn't this also mean that
> mdadm 2.5.6 will be rather unlikely to make it?
Yes, it does. But we do have to draw the line somewhere; is there any
particular reason that 2.5.5 isn't an ok place to draw that line? "9 of 10
days old and I've tested it extensively" sounds like exactly where we want
to be right now for a package as important as mdadm; "about to upload a new
upstream version of mdadm that hasn't been tested yet", much less so.
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.