Re: fai-kernels for etch
- To: dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Moritz Muehlenhoff <email@example.com>, Holger Levsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: fai-kernels for etch
- From: Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:46:50 -0800
- Message-id: <20061108234650.GJ11917@mauritius.dodds.net>
- Mail-followup-to: dann frazier <email@example.com>, Moritz Muehlenhoff <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Holger Levsen <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20061108213237.GA17995@colo>
- References: <email@example.com> <20061108212906.GB8603@galadriel.inutil.org> <20061108213237.GA17995@colo>
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 02:32:38PM -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:29:06PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > > I already discussed this with Dann Frazier (bcc:ed), who said doing security
> > > support for fai-kernels is no problem. (After all, it's just adding a
> > > changelog entry and rebuilding the package once a new linux-source-$version
> > > is available.)
> > > So I have one question: should I *now* (let someone) upload a new version of
> > > fai-kernels with build-depends on linux-source-2.6.18 and then open a RC bug
> > > to prevent it from migrating to etch?
> > > Or should I wait with an upload until 2.6.18 has entered etch? I fear that the
> > > freeze will happen then... Though as there are no big changes in fai-kernels
> > > planned, I think a review of fai-kernels is painless.
> > I guess the latter is preferred, 2.6.18 seems really close to entering testing
> > really soon. But that's mostly up to Dann, he should know best.
> I would think that this package wouldn't flow into etch w/o the needed
> build-deps, so I don't think the explicit RC bug is necessary (will
> let the release guys correct me if I'm wrong).
That is wrong; britney doesn't honor build-depends when updating packages in
> I think getting a 2.6.18 fai into sid ASAP is a good idea.
I agree, I don't see any reason to wait (or even to file an RC bug, since
everyone knows 2.6.18 will be pushed into etch before release).
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.