Re: Policy about RC-ness of "Please remove" bugs against ftp.debian.org?

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 07:11:41PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:

> if a package is RC and should be removed, what's the best procedure?

> I assumed that it would be to reassign the RC bug to ftp.debian.org,
> requesting its removal.  Or should the bug be cloned, the clone
> reassigned to ftp.debian.org, and the severity lowered?

A package that should be kept out of the release has a serious bug.  That
bug needs to be filed against *that package*, so that the testing scripts
can handle the package appropriately.  Requesting the package's removal from
unstable is a separate (and lower severity) issue.

> And where is that documented?

It's not, though it ought to be added to the developer's reference.