Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:44:52AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > >  Is it possible to run britney multiple times, the first time for all
> > >  releasable arches, and the following runs for each other arch, but
> > >  commit changes to etch/$arch?
> > >  For example, this would permit releasing an etch/m68k without a
> > >  separate archive.
> > >  Perhaps the maintenance of the testing propagation of m68k alone should
> > >  then be made by m68k porters instead of the *release* team.
> > Finally a good proposal... thx! :)
> I believe there are some problems because we don't want to have too many
> versions of the same source package, that's why this is not generalized
> and why we try to keep all arches in sync.
> But in essence, this proposal is the same as Anthony's with its separate
> "m68k-testing" suite ! I don't understand how you can be happy this time
> and be unhappy before... ;-)

Because of the wording and the more elaborated details. It's more something
we can work on, although it's still not my preferred solution.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc