Re: Kernel Firmware issue: are GPLed sourceless firmwares legal to distribute ?

Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:49:25PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>> The answer to the question in the subject is simple: NO.
> Thankyou for your opinion. I note you seemed to neglect to mention that
> you're not a lawyer.

That should not keep him from being concerned when this "need no source
because their isn't" has some remarkable parallels to the DLink's
unsuccessful argument that the GPL was not applicable in Welte vs. DLink.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/