Re: Kernel Firmware issue: are GPLed sourceless firmwares legal to distribute ?

Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:49:25PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>> The answer to the question in the subject is simple: NO.
>
> Thankyou for your opinion. I note you seemed to neglect to mention that
> you're not a lawyer.

Yes, I'm not a lawyer.  Do not rely on anything I say as a legal opinion.
Even if I *were* a lawyer, my postings here would not constitute legal
advice.  Please, I don't want to be sued for practicing law without a
license!  I'm just describing what little I've learned, which is far more
than I should have to know under a sane copyright law system.  :-/

Actually, you're the frickin' DPL.  Go get a real legal opinion already.
Call SPI's lawyer.  I will be extremely surprised if he says "Yeah, sure,
this stuff is totally legal to distribute", but who knows?

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...