Re: [D-I] Migrating packages for the graphical installer

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:
> On Wednesday 18 October 2006 00:02, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Errm, I did -3.1 - and have left out the changes from -2 (changing
>> packaging of the directfb stuff). It only contains the segfault fix for
>> remote display in cases of transformation of data from little to big
>> endian.
>>
>> If the changes from -2 are needed, another upload needs to be made.
> Why did you in an NMU leave out changes recently committed by the
> maintainer of a package and obviously needed?

Because the maintainer uploaded to experimental and I uploaded to
unstable. If the package maintainer considers the changes to be
experimental, I obviously don't want to include them in a release
which is supposed to get into etch ASAP.

> I also don't see (at least not from the changelog) what your change
> actually accomplished as the 01-cairo_xlib_surface_add_glyph.patch was
> already included in -3 by the maintainer.

-2 and -3 were only uploaded to experimental.

> Anyway, it is not a blocker for the migration as such, but from what I
> understand, it will probably make gtk2.0 FTBFS on next uploads.

In that case, the severity of the related bug (wishlist) was set
wrong. Sorry, I assumed that this was something for gtk+2.10 (which is
still in experimental)

> As you are now, as NMUer, responsible for any regressions introduced by
> the NMU, I suggest you consult with the maintainer how to resolve
> this.

There have been no regressions in unstable.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
38: Windows 95