ICU transition status

If my analysis/understanding is correct, icu, xerces27, boost, and
parrot will need to be hinted into etch together but this is not yet
possible because boost and parrot have other issues right now that
prevent them from moving over.  Is this correct?  As icu maintainer,
is there anything I have to do to resolve this?  I'll occasionally
monitor this and will request the hint at the appropriate time.  As
far as I can see, icu is not tangled up with any other transitions,
but I didn't really check very carefully to see whether other
transitions are impacting the other things that depend upon ICU.
Actually, I'm a bit confused at how openoffice.org migrated to testing
without ICU.

Hmm.  Well, my real question is whether I need to take any action at
the right time to get icu into etch, or whether someone in the release
team is monitoring cases in which hints will be required.

--Jay