Re: status update: GNUstep library transition

Thank you to all the maintainers who have updated their packages for the
GNUstep transition.  Thank you as well to our sponsors, and to Aj for
processing our packages that were stuck in NEW.  We almost have
everything uploaded, so:

  Important: Please try to avoid making any uploads of GNUstep-related
  packages from now until all the packages transition into testing,
  unless absolutely necessary.

The current state of the packages, as I understand it is:

lynkeos.app: myon has just uploaded my NMU for me (Thanks!), which fixes
  a compilation error with the new GNUstep library

wrapperfactory.app, preferences.app, ftp.app, cddb.bundle, agenda.app,
  aclock.app: have been binNMUed (Thanks, -release!)

steptalk, gnustep-netclasses: had to be reuploaded, and are stuck in NEW
  (steptalk has also been binNMUed)

talksoup.app: waiting for netclasses to get out of NEW

meta-gnustep: waiting for NEW before it gets updated

There are, in addition, a few packages that should still get their
Build-deps updated, but which are not holding back the transition.

In order to get the packages transitioned into testing as soon as
possible and not be further delayed by NEW processing (<sigh> And NEW
processing was going so quickly in August), I am recommending to
-release that steptalk, gnustep-netclasses, talksoup, and meta-gnustep
be temporarily removed from testing when all other GNUstep packages are
ready to go into testing.

I apologize to -release, and to everyone else involved, for the delays
in the GNUstep transition.  Due to the quick NEW processing that we were
enjoying in August, I did not expect NEW to be stalled for so long in
September when I was planning the transition.  Although NEW processing
is not entirely to blame, it did affect quite a number of packages.

Again, thank you for everyone who has helped out with the transition so
far.  It hasn't gone as smoothly as I would have liked.  But considering
that none of the package maintainers involved are DDs yet, I'm pleased
with what he have been able to do.

P.S.  I will be out of town this weekend for a friend's wedding, but
will be back on Tuesday.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)