Re: Sarge -> Etch upgrade issue

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 05:01:07PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:

> * Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [060908 01:46]:

> > > 1) sarge:
> > > 1.1) apt-get dist-upgrade -> upgrading to etch
> [..]
> > Yes, I can see that apt Recommends: debian-archive-keyring and Suggests:
> > gnupg.  Given that apt should be doing secure archives by default now, the
> > Suggests: seems like the wrong relationship; I think this warrants a bug on
> > apt, no?

> Shouldn't the Recommends: debian-archive-keyring be enought?  AFAIK
> the Release Notes recommend using aptitude instead of apt-get.  And
> aptitude respects recommends should pull in debian-archive-keyring,
> which depends on gnupg.

Ah, good catch.  (I wonder why apt has a separate Suggests: gnupg then?)

This means that users who dist-upgrade using aptitude, pulling in
Recommends, should not have this problem; so the most that should be needed
here is release notes documentation.  Assuming someone can test that this
works as expected?