Re: Sarge -> Etch upgrade issue

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 10:34:35PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 10:07:32AM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> >> When upgrading sarge to etch, apt-get complains about untrusted source
> >> of
> >> packages because gnupg isn't installed during apt-get dist-upgrade.
> >> After manually installing gnupg && apt-get update everything seems
> >> fine...
> > Sorry, what's the exact process you're following when upgrading?  The
> > apt-get from sarge shouldn't complain about untrusted packages, AFAIK?

> 1) sarge:
> 1.1) apt-get dist-upgrade -> upgrading to etch
> 2) then on etch
> 2.1) apt-get install <something>

> I would expect that after dist-upgrading to etch everything necessary is
> installed - that should include gnupg.

Ok, that just wasn't what I had gathered from your description of the
problem; it sounded to me like you were saying that the dist-upgrade itself
failed.

Yes, I can see that apt Recommends: debian-archive-keyring and Suggests:
gnupg.  Given that apt should be doing secure archives by default now, the
Suggests: seems like the wrong relationship; I think this warrants a bug on
apt, no?