Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 04:46:09PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:
>
> > On Aug 08, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
> >
> >> We Do Not Distribute Non-Free Software No Matter How Much It Helps Our
> >> Users.
>
> > Now think about why we do not do it.
>
> It does not matter.  Different members of Debian have different
> reasons.  We have all agreed to work together on the basis of the
> Social Contract, which says that We Do Not Distribute Non-Free
> Software No Matter How Much It Helps Our Users.

  # Our priorities are our users and free software

  We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free software community.
  We will place their interests first in our priorities. We will support the
  needs of our users for operation in many different kinds of computing
  environments. We will not object to non-free works that are intended to be
  used on Debian systems, or attempt to charge a fee to people who create or
  use such works. We will allow others to create distributions containing both
  the Debian system and other works, without any fee from us. In furtherance
  of these goals, we will provide an integrated system of high-quality
  materials with no legal restrictions that would prevent such uses of the
  system.

Friendly,

Sven Luther